Stipa promotes and demonstrates the profitable management of native grasslands for resilient ecological health.
The name Stipa is not an acronym, but actually the name of a common variety of grass now called Austrostipa. One of the most common grasses of this genus is speargrass.
Stipa Native Grasses Association aims:
- To promote native grass as pasture and for conservation;
- To educate the community about native grasses;
- To document pasture systems using native grasses;
- To distribute information to agencies and landholders;
- To network with other groups with complimentary activities.